5-a-side charity challenge
Friday 5 March 2010
In May and June 2010 SPAR is holding a charity 5-a-side football tournament in aid of CHILDREN 1ST and invite you to take part!
Games are taking place in 7 different locations throughout Scotland. Play like a professional on pitches graced by Scotland's best players.
If you make it in to the final you will be transported to Queens Park in Glasgow to battle it out for not only the title of Tartan 5’s Winner but a fantastic prize!
The games are taking place in:
- Inverness, Tulloch Caledonian Stadium - Sunday 25 April, 12pm
- Perth, McDiarmid Park Training Ground - Sunday 16 May, 9am
- Falkirk, Falkirk Stadium - Sunday 16 May, 2.30pm
- Glasgow, St Mirren Park - Friday 21 May, 6.30pm
- Dundee, Gussie Park - Saturday 22 May, 3pm
- Edinburgh, Hearts Football Academy - Saturday 22 May, 9am
- Aberdeen, Garthdee Artificial and Grass pitch - Sunday 23 May, 12pm
- Final - Lesser Hampden, Glasgow - Saturday 5 June, 3pm
Places are limited so all you have to do is pay a £25 deposit to reserve your team place and you will then be sent a fundraising pack which has everything you need to know about the event, including a sponsorship form. To enter the tournament every team needs to raise £200 - not bad at only £40 per team member! Your fundraising pack will give you lots of tips on how to raise this money - one of which is getting your employer to sponsor you!
When you book (see link below) you have three options – pay your team deposit, pay the full team amount or pay the remaining team balance after you have paid your deposit.
All funds raised from this event will help CHILDREN 1ST deliver local services in communities across Scotland. By supporting CHILDREN 1ST you are helping to look after some of the most vulnerable children in Scotland, including those recovering from abuse or whose parents have alcohol or substance misuse problems. Your support is essential if we are to deliver and develop these much needed services.
This event is supported by some of the biggest names in football such as Gordon Smith, Neil Lennon and Kevin Thomson so what are you waiting for...get booked up and join them in scoring goals for CHILDREN 1ST!
CHILDREN 1ST would like to say a huge thank you to 3D Garden Design Ltd in Kilmacolm, Campbell Dallas in Paisley and Howden Joinery in Inverness for sponsoring teams for Tartan 5's.
* The £25 deposit is non refundable unless the match is cancelled by CHILDREN 1ST at which point all deposits will be refunded.
* £200 must be received by CHILDREN 1ST no later than 7 days before the date of the match that the team has entered to play in. £25 deposit is deducted from the £200 team entry fee.
Last updated: Wednesday 19 May 2010