Read our report based on research with kinship carers. The report shows the support families are receiving and importantly, what they would like to receive.
Kinship Care factsheets
Please find below factsheets that been informed by our work with kinship carers and their families.
- Kinship Care – Background Information (1.5MB)
- Kinship Care – Curriculum of Excellence (1.9MB)
- Kinship Care – You and your feelings (1.3MB)
- Kinship Care – Your child and their feelings (0.8MB)
- Relationships between kinship carers and teenagers (0.8MB)
Mentor UK has also produced a Kinship Care Resource Guide (Scotland). This easy to follow guide provides information to kinship carers about their responsibilities, legal rights and financial rights.
ParentLine Scotland has produced leaflets for parents that you may find helpful:
- Relationships between parents and teenagers
- Let’s Talk Money
- Factsheet for Dads
- Family Relationships
- The best and the worst job in the world: Why being a parent isn’t easy
- Temper Tantrums
- Kinship Care Guide
Other useful links
Citizens Advice Scotland provides advice and information, especially on benefits and kinship care allowance.
Families Outside support families who have been affected by imprisonment in Scotland.
Scottish Child Law Centre can provide detailed legal advice about legal rights and responsibilities. Contact the Centre on 0131 667 6333 or visit their website.
The Foster Network provides learning and development opportunities for foster carers and fostering services, as well as information and advice for anyone involved in fostering.