Are you dynamic, enthusiastic and encouraging? Do you build relationships with young people easily? Are you non-judgemental and empathetic? Then this could be a great opportunity for you.
The Pre-employability Service aims to support young people (aged 16–19) to address barriers to move towards employment, education or further training. Our volunteer mentors would work directly with a young person to work towards this goal.
Volunteers should be able to give a commitment for one year, for around 9 hours per week. The main aspects of the role will involve:
- Organise and undertake contact with a young person.
- Build a relationship with a young person that is focussed on their needs and abilities.
- Support and encourage the young person’s personal and social development.
- Help the young person to look at ways they can overcome their barriers and what they need to do to move on to a positive destination.
- Escort the young person to any groups or activities as part of the agreed plan that will assist them in overcoming barriers.
- An awareness of challenging behaviour a young person may present and a willingness to not give up on the young person.
Reference no: VOL12/03
Salary: Out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed
Region: Lothian & Borders
Location: Bathgate, West Lothian
For more information about this exciting new volunteer role, please contact Declan Harrigan on 01506 652 436 or email email@example.com.
To apply, please complete the application pack and then print it out (you won't be able to save the document) or print the pack and complete the application by hand. Please send completed applications to Declan Harrigan, Pre-employability Service, Chill Out Zone, 7 Gardners Lane, Bathgate, EH48 1TP.