Training is vital in giving people the skills and confidence to work with and support children. Child protection workshops are standard practice for anyone delivering sport to young people.
Here are three courses we would recommend as a basic introduction to child protection:
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children 2
- In Safe Hands (for Child Protection Officers)
Safeguarding in Sport and sportscotland also offer a number of workshops which cover the following:
- Supporting Clubs to Keep Children Safe
- Identifying and Managing Risk
- Recruitment and Selection
- Managing the Disciplinary Process
- Reviewing Child Protection Concerns
- Involving Children in Decision Making
For information or to book any of these courses please contact Safeguarding in Sport on 0141 418 5674 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All courses are delivered by tutors who are trained, monitored and supported by CHILDREN 1ST and/or sportscotland.