Training is vital in giving people the skills and confidence to work with and support children. Child protection workshops are standard practice for anyone delivering sport to young people.
Here are three courses we would recommend as a basic introduction to child protection:
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children 2
- In Safe Hands 1 & 2 (for Child Protection Officers)
Safeguarding in Sport and sportscotland also offer a number of workshops which cover the following:
- Supporting Clubs to Keep Children Safe
- Identifying and Managing Risk
- Recruitment and Selection
- Managing the Disciplinary Process
- Reviewing Child Protection Concerns
- Involving Children in Decision Making
- Child Protection Briefing for Boards
For information or to book a place on a Safeguarding and Protecting Children course please contact sportscotland on 0141 534 6500 or visit the training section of their website for scheduled events.
In Safe Hands courses are administered by the Safeguarding in Sport Team and are normally organised by our local authority partners with whom you can book direct (see our training calendar for details of scheduled courses).
If, however, you'd like to organise your own In Safe Hands course or want any further information about any of these courses, or indeed have any other training requirements, please contact Safeguarding in Sport on 0141 419 1156 or email: email@example.com where a member of the team will be happy to help.
All courses are delivered by tutors who are trained, monitored and supported by CHILDREN 1ST and/or sportscotland.