Dragons Glen teams have raised over £500k since 2012! Join us in 2021/22 for our 10th anniversary year.
Scotland's Entrepreneurial Challenge for Business
The challenge: develop a business idea and establish a start-up.
The goal: compete to generate £5k, or more, in just five months to help vulnerable children throughout Scotland.
Why get involved:
- Develop your employees skills set at no cost
- Expose your employees to some of Scotland’s top business leaders
- Inspire, motivate and unite employees through working to help a great cause
- Demonstrate your company’s social responsibility
- Gain new opportunities to network across business sectors
- The perfect entrepreneurial challenge for graduates and trainees
“Dragons Glen gives our graduates an opportunity to put learned commercial and personal skills into practice through entrepreneurship.”
How does the challenge work?
Register: sign up for your company to enter a Dragons Glen team. Choose from four upcoming intakes: August, October, January and March.
- Recruit: select a team of 6-10 employees to be part of your Dragons Glen team
- Kick off: July/September/December/February – all teams will be invited to a brief presentation about Children 1st, the work that we do in Scotland, as well as learn about taking part in the Dragons Glen challenge
- Plan: Following the launch teams plan their entrepreneurial idea to pitch to the Dragons early October
- Pitch: 11 Aug 2021 / 6 Oct 2021 / 12 Jan 2022 / 2 March 2022 – Teams experience the heat of the Dragons Glen when they present a formal pitch and are put under the spotlight by our panel of Dragons
- Challenge kicks off: Mid October – The Dragons will keep in touch with each team, keeping an eye on progress
- Goal achieved: January/March/June/August – The Challenge ends and all funds raised are transferred to Children 1st
- Celebrate: Annually in April – A celebratory awards ceremony and networking event for teams and key contacts who have supported them.
Ways to support Dragons Glen
- Enter a team
- Sponsor a team’s seed funding (£500)
- Match a team’s target (£5,000)
- Speak to us about joining as a Dragon mentor
- Introduce us to your networks and businesses that might want to take part