Scotland's Entrepreneurial Challenge for Business
The challenge: as a team, develop an idea and establish a business using £500 seed funding from Children 1st whilst being mentored by a top Scottish business leader.
The goal: compete to generate £5k, or more, in just five months to help vulnerable children throughout Scotland.
Why get involved:
- Develop your employees skills set at no cost
- Expose your employees to some of Scotland’s top business leaders
- Inspire, motivate and unite employees through working to help a great cause
- Demonstrate your company’s social responsibility
- Gain new opportunities to network across business sectors
- The perfect entrepreneurial challenge for graduates and trainees
“Dragons’ Glen gives our graduates an opportunity to put learned commercial and personal skills into practice through entrepreneurship.”
- Debbie MacLeod, Graduate Programme Manager, SSE
How does the challenge work?
Register: sign up for your company to enter a Dragons’ Glen team
- Recruit: select a team of 6-10 employees to be part of your Dragons’ Glen team
- Kick off: Summer months – all teams will be invited to a brief presentation about Children 1st and the work that we do in Scotland, as well as learn about taking part in the Dragons’ Glen challenge
- Plan: September – Following the launch teams plan their entrepreneurial idea to pitch to the Dragons early October
- Pitch: October – Teams experience the heat of the Dragons’ Glen when they present a formal pitch and are put under the spotlight by our panel of Dragons
- Challenge kicks off: Mid October – The Dragons will keep in touch with each team, keeping an eye on progress
- Goal achieved: Mid March – The Challenge ends and all funds raised are transferred to Children 1st by the end of March
- Celebrate: Mid April – A celebratory awards ceremony and networking event for teams and key contacts who have supported them.