Your will, their future
Why leave a gift in your will?
Because we know abuse and neglect in childhood leaves lasting emotional scars, and traumatic childhood experiences shouldn’t be allowed to ruin a promising future.
Making a will
Having a will in place gives you peace of mind that the people and causes that are dear to you are provided for in the event of your death.
Without having a will in place, your estate is distributed in accordance with the laws of intestacy. Contrary to popular belief this does not always reflect what you would want to happen to your belongings. We recommend that you get a solicitor involved, whether face to face, online, or via the telephone to help write or amend your will.
After taking care of loved ones, many people opt to leave something in their will to a charity or charities of their choice. It allows you to make sure the causes close to your heart benefit from your estate. This creates a fitting legacy as well as passing on tax advantages to the charity.
Including Children 1st in your will is straightforward.
- Speak to your solicitor to make or amend your will. We offer free legal services in partnership with McClure Solicitors.
- Email or call us to discuss the gift you would like to make - e: email@example.com t: 0845 10 80 111
- Remember to include our full address in your bequest: 83 Whitehouse Loan, Edinburgh EH9 1AT
Any legacy that you leave us is greatly appreciated and a valuable contribution to our continuing work.
Read more about the different types of legacy you can leave.
What we can achieve with your help
- £550 is the average cost of supporting a child to recover from traumatic experiences over a period of several months.
- £2,500 can fund 10 young people’s attendance for a year at our healthy living centre, Chill Out Zone, where young people receive support to make the best choices to be safe and healthy.
- £25,000 can run our ParentLine Scotland service for 10 weeks, providing free and confidential advice and support to callers from all over Scotland.
- £50,000 can provide six months of support to 40 children who have experienced abuse and trauma, helping them on the road to recovery.