What you can expect from us
Our work with thousands of children in Scotland each year wouldn’t be possible without support from people like you. We know that you want to make a positive difference to children’s lives in Scotland and expect us to spend your money wisely.
By donating to Children 1st you can expect:
- To be told how you are helping to change children’s lives and about our finances so you know how your money is being spent and the value of your volunteering.
- To be communicated with in a way that suits you. If you tell us you would prefer to hear from us less, or you don’t want to hear from us again, we will respect your wishes.
- We value your support and promise to respect your privacy and keep your details safe in accordance with the Data Protection Act (1998).
- We will never sell data to any one else and only keep and use data for the purposes of Children 1st’s work. We may analyse your data for research purposes to improve our services, or to try to understand your preferences in order to contact you in the most appropriate and relevant way.
- Your contact data will be stored securely on Children 1st servers. Our website donations are processed by WorldPay and our regular giving set ups by GoCardless, a five star rated, record processing organisation which is governed by the FSA (Financial Standards Authority).
- We adhere to all industry guidelines and regulations. We are a relatively small organisation so rarely have the resource to use external suppliers but if we do we only work with others whose practice is to the same standards as our own.
- We regularly monitor the activities of our suppliers, including for the protection of vulnerable people.
Within the resources we have available, we strive to give you a rewarding supporter experience. It is easy to contact us if you want to discuss anything. Call 0131 446 2300 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your support and the critical role you play as part of the Children 1st team.