Take on the Homemade Olympic Challenge and support children across Scotland
Become a Children 1st champion!
Can’t make the Olympics this year? Then make up your own event as part of our Homemade Olympic Challenge!
If you could perform any skill or talent at the Olympics, what would it be? The Homemade Olympic Challenge is your chance to use your imagination to run your own sponsored event and ask your friends and family to support you!
Whatever challenge you choose to do alone or as a team between Friday 23rd July – Sunday 8th August, your participation will help support children and young people in Scotland to be happy, healthy, safe and secure.
Register today and you will receive dedicated support from us on how to set up your own JustGiving page, how to run a great event and personal advice for any questions along the way. Everyone who takes part will also receive their very own medal on completion of their challenge!
Remember to share what you're getting up to with us on social media! Tag @children1st and use #HomemadeOlympicChallenge
Need inspiration? Here are some ideas you could try:
- Jump for joy and rise to the challenge by showing your skills on your trampoline.
- Flip, grind, grab and slide your way to completing a thrilling skateboarding challenge! Learn new skateboarding tricks and skills and release your inner Tony Hawk!
- Slam dunk your way to success! Get your friends together to help make that lay-up shot count and get the basketball through the hoop as many times as possible across the 17 days of the Homemade Olympic Challenge.
- Do you and your friends know your fried egg to your cabbage? If so, then you are on par for a golfing challenge. Line up your shots for as many rounds of golf across 23rd July – Sunday 8th
- Not one for sports? Then unleash your creativity by crafting your way to success. Showcase your Homemade Olympic creations for all to admire and let your imagination run wild instead of your feet.
Your support could make a big difference to a family in need in Scotland:
- Every £15 you help raise can provide an hour of support for families from Children 1st Parentline.
- Every £25 you help raise can give a child an opportunity to explore their anxieties and feelings during an hour with a Children 1st family support and wellbeing worker.
- Every £50 you help raise can provide two hours of support for a child who has experienced violence at home with a Children 1st support worker.
Baseball and Softball
Cycling Mountain Bike
Any questions just get in touch with the team on firstname.lastname@example.org