Children 1st values the contribution of volunteers in making a positive difference in the lives of children, young people and families. To ensure that we can offer a positive experience to our volunteers while providing the necessary support and development for delivering high quality services, we make the following commitments:
Children 1st will:
- explore the potential involvement of volunteers thoroughly when making plans
- engage volunteers who embrace and reflect our values
- ensure volunteers possess the appropriate knowledge and skills
- provide volunteers with the necessary support and resources
- treat our volunteers with respect and acknowledge their contribution
- review and develop the involvement of volunteers in the organisation.
In recognition of our commitment to best practice, Children 1st has achieved the Investing in Volunteers award and is a member of the Scottish Volunteering Forum.