Argyll & Bute
Can you remember a positive role model from your childhood or teenage years? Do you have a strong sense of fairness and the qualities to support and mentor a young person? Could you help them to feel safe, active and more included in their family, school and community?
intandem is Scotland's national mentoring service for young people, aged 8-14, who are looked after by their local authority and live at home. We are currently recruiting volunteers for this service in Campbeltown, Lochgilphead and Islay.
What will I be doing as a volunteer mentor?
- You'll support a child or young person weekly for at least a year.
- You will spend time helping them to figure out and value their strengths and talents.
- Each week you and the young person will find creative and fun ways to gain new experiences and skills and enable them to meet challenges with confidence and resilience.
- Simple planning around what is important to the child so they can chart their milestones to success.
What can Children 1st and intandem offer?
- Excellent support and supervision.
- A challenging and fulfilling volunteering opportunity.
- The chance to exchange ideas knowledge and experience with other mentors.
- The chance to make a difference in a child or young person's life.
Our current training course is full. Please check back as we will post details of future courses here.
Job title: Volunteer Mentor
Reference number: VOL17-05
Location: Argyll & Bute
Closing date: 31/08/2018 12:00
Interview date: It is anticipated that interviews will be held on an ongoing basis
Salary: £0. Out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
To apply please refer to the volunteer role information and complete the volunteer application form below and send completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity or have any queries, please contact Maggie Farrell; Volunteer Mentor Co-ordinator, on email@example.com.