Argyll & Bute
Can you remember a positive role model from your childhood or teenage years? Do you have a strong sense of fairness and the qualities to support and mentor a young person? Could you help them to feel safe, active and more included in their family, school and community?
intandem is Scotland's national mentoring service for young people, aged 8-14, who are looked after by their local authority and live at home. We are currently recruiting volunteers for this service in Rothesay and Dunoon.
What will I be doing as a volunteer mentor?
- You'll support a child or young person weekly for at least a year.
- You will spend time helping them to figure out and value their strengths and talents.
- Each week you and the young person will find creative and fun ways to gain new experiences and skills and enable them to meet challenges with confidence and resilience.
- Simple planning around what is important to the child so they can chart their milestones to success.
What can Children 1st and intandem offer?
- Excellent support and supervision.
- A challenging and fulfilling volunteering opportunity.
- The chance to exchange ideas knowledge and experience with other mentors.
- The chance to make a difference in a child or young person's life.
Our current training course is full. Please check back as we will post details of future courses here.
Job title: Volunteer Mentor
Location: Argyll & Bute
Closing date: 31/03/2019 12:00
Interview date: It is anticipated that interviews will be held on an ongoing basis
If you would like to find out more about this role or have any questions please get in touch on email@example.com.
To apply please complete forms A, B and C (below) and return them to: firstname.lastname@example.org