Argyll & Bute
Can you remember a positive role model from your childhood or teenage years? Do you have a strong sense of fairness and the qualities to support and mentor a young person? Could you help them to feel safe, active and more included in their family, school and community?
intandem is Scotland's national mentoring service for young people, aged 8-14, who are looked after by their local authority and live at home. We are recruiting volunteers for this service in Rothesay, Dunoon, Oban, Lorn and the Isles at the moment.
What will I be doing as a volunteer mentor?
- You'll support a child or young person weekly for at least a year.
- You will spend time helping them to figure out and value their strengths and talents.
- Each week you and the young person will find creative and fun ways to gain new experiences and skills and enable them to meet challenges with confidence and resilience.
- Simple planning around what is important to the child so they can chart their milestones to success.
What can Children 1st and intandem offer?
- Excellent support and supervision.
- A challenging and fulfilling volunteering opportunity.
- The chance to exchange ideas knowledge and experience with other mentors.
- The chance to make a difference in a child or young person's life.
We have training planned to take place as follows:
- Cowal and Bute: Thursday 25 January 2018; Dunoon Community Education Centre and Saturday 3 February 2018; Dunoon Grammar School
- Oban, Lorn and the Isles: Friday 2 March and Saturday 10 March; both Rockfield Centre, Oban.
Job title: Volunteer Mentor
Reference number: VOL17-05
Location: Argyll & Bute
Closing date: 28/02/2018 12:00
Interview date: It is anticipated that interviews will be held on an ongoing basis
Salary: £0. Out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
To apply please refer to the volunteer role information and complete the volunteer application form below and send completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity or have any queries, please contact Maggie Farrell; Volunteer Mentor Co-ordinator, on email@example.com.