Advice in relation to coronavirus
We hope you are staying safe and well and we want to encourage each and every one of you to take precautions to keep yourself and those around you healthy. The official health guidance is at NHS inform.
All of our updates about the current situation regarding Children's Hearings and the impact of coronavirus can be accessed from this page.
We will continue to inform you of changes by emailing and publishing messages here, but it may be helpful to check the Scottish Children’s Reporters Administration and Children’s Hearings Scotland websites for updates. As well as these updates please also be aware of updated information on the Scottish Courts and Tribunal Website.
Please remember that we’re here for you, if you have any questions or uncertainties. All of our updates are being posted on our webpages and we encourage you to look at those. We continue to work from home, so if you have any issues you are still unsure about please email us on: email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Children's Hearings and Court
- 17th December 2021: SCRA Update - Attending Children's Hearings
- 4th March 2021: SCRA Virtual Hearings update
- 14th January 2021: Update on attending Children's Hearings including mandatory face-coverings from 18th January 2021
- 3rd August 2020: Virtual Hearings Research by CELCIS
- 1st July 2020: Glasgow CHIP Briefing - face to face Hearings
- 30th June 2020: SCRA update on face to face Hearings
- 21st May 2020: First Minister's Statement and Children's Hearings
- 8th May 2020: Virtual attendance at court hearings: Digital services have advised that the Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service (SCTS) are using Cisco Meetings for hosting their own internal conferences. Third parties can join this too via web browser. SCTS will permit joining as a guest using MS Teams, Cisco Webex or Vscene. Anything else right now is not permitted.
- 28th April 2020: CHS coronavirus practice guide
- 21st April 2020: Updated joint statement from CHS and SCRA
- 9th April 2020: Civil Court priorities
- Sheriffdom Hub Courts operating throughout coronavirus
- 30th March 2020: Joint statement on Children's Hearings from CHS and SCRA
Fees and expenses
- 6th January 2021: Fees and expenses update
- 8th May 2020: General fees update
- 26th March 2020: Interim fee claims: During these unusual and uncertain times, the Scottish Government have agreed that Safeguarders can submit interim claims for fees and expenses for cases which have been postponed due to COVID-19, regardless of whether the usual interim claim criteria applies. Any Safeguarders wishing to submit interim claims can do so electronically by completing the usual electronic claim form and emailing this to us.
Practical updates for Safeguarders
- 17th December 2021: Guidelines for Safeguarders
- 15th February 2021: COVID Vaccine- Scottish Govt statement re Safeguarders as key-workers
- 22nd June 2020: Guidelines for Safeguarders working under ongoing restrictions
- 8th May 2020: Families involved in Children's Hearings can be supported by Children 1st Parentline - read the full news story
- 27th April 2020: Safeguarders Panel Team update
- 20th March 2020: Communication on home working arrangements
- 17th March 2020: Initial advice for Safeguarders regarding coronavirus