Practice standards and performance monitoring
Under the provisions of The Children’s Hearings (Scotland) Act 2011, Scottish Ministers must monitor the performance of members of the Safeguarders Panel.
The monitoring of Safeguarders and the service provided will be directly linked to Practice Standards for Safeguarders:
Practice Notes are developed alongside Safeguarders to supplement the Practice Standards and we hope these will be helpful in clarifying the areas of practice covered:
- Practice Notes on Role of the Safeguarder
- Safeguarders Panel Team - Support for Safeguarders when Raising Issues
- Practice Notes for Safeguarders on Reports
- Practice Notes for Safeguarders on Court (NEW April 2021 version)
- Practice Notes for Safeguarders on Court (Previous Version)
Safeguarder performance is currently measured against the 2012 regulations. Elements of the Performance Support & Monitoring Framework are currently being implemented:
Report sampling is an element of the Performance Support & Monitoring Framework. Further information on this is available in the following documents:
- Information for Safeguarders on Report Sampling
- Report Sampling Assessment - Quick Guide
- Report Sampling - Assessment Tool
If you have any feedback on the service provided by Safeguarders, please complete the Safeguarders Panel Feedback Form.