The Essentials of Family Group Decision Making is a unique certificated course (SCQF level 9) developed by Children 1st in partnership with Robert Gordon University (RGU) and the City of Edinburgh Council.
Who is the course for?
The course is for social workers, health, social care and children’s services professionals. It is particularly relevant for those who want to develop and improve their skill and knowledge in delivering FGDM or who want to explore the model’s application to their service.
The course uses a mixture of learning styles, including experiential learning, to engage the heads and hearts of participants.
At the end of the course you will:
- be able to coordinate and run an effective Family Group Meeting
- understand the theory underpinning FGDM and how it is applied in practice
- be able to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and values required to act as an FGDM coordinator
- be able to compare FGDM with another model and the circumstances under which FGDM is appropriate.
The cost of this accredited course is £850 plus VAT. This includes registration and accreditation fees for Robert Gordon University, four taught course days, including lunch, online access to printable course materials and reviewing and marking students’ assignments.
Student or agencies will be invoiced by Children 1st before the course begins.
The training for our next cohort will be in Glasgow and dates are as follows:
- Day 1: 24 April 2019
- Day 2: 25 April 2019
- Day 3: 8 May 2019
- Day 4: 9 May 2019
What do participants say?
- "Excellent course. Given me a positive outlook for my future career."
- "Great activities, exercises and resources. Lots of movement and chat with others. No boring slides – yay!"
Register your interest
This is a popular course which is in limited supply. To register your interest, please fill in the form below and we’ll get in touch with more details about how to apply.