Standards for Child Wellbeing and Protection in Sport
Additional guidance documents, resources and links
These resources are in addition to those that can be found on the Safeguarding in Sport website.
Template policies, forms and guidance
- Template: Code of Conduct for Parents / Carers
- Template: Code of Conduct for Children
- Template: Policy for Social Media / mobile phone use
- Template: Secure storage of information policy (currently being updated)
- Template: Training records spreadsheet example
- Wellbeing Wheel
- Raising Awareness with Different Groups
- Respect for All: The National Approach to Anti-bullying for Scotland’s Children and Young People
Legislation and policy
- Equality in sport - sportscotland contact: Fiona Fagan, 0141 534 6500
- Anti-bullying training and policy information
- Children's wellbeing and the SHANARRI indicators
- Children and Young People's Commissioner for Scotland: 7 Golden Rules for Particpation
- Save the Children: various participation resources and toolkits
- Youth Scotland - Keep it Real pack
- Youth Scotland - Bored Meetings?
Videos - GIRFEC
- Scottish Government - videos on GIRFEC which include:
- children's wellbeing and supporting families
- a case example: 'Getting it Right for Ryan'
- an overview of the Named Person scheme.
- Alliance Scotland: A five-part series (aimed at children and young people) explaining GIRFEC and what it means for children and young people in Scotland. Uses British Sign Language (BSL) as the primary language with speech overlay and subtitles.
1. Getting It Right for Every Child
2. What Does Wellbeing Mean?
3. The Named Person
4. The Lead Professional
5. The Child’s Plan