Our mission vision and strategy
We will work together with, and listen to children, young people, their families, communities and other organisations and influence public policy and opinion to improve the lives of vulnerable children and young people.
A happy, healthy, safe and secure childhood for every child and young person in Scotland.
Our strategic plan for 2013-2018 has two aims:
- To be a strong public voice for vulnerable children and young people to positively influence public policy and opinion.
- To provide excellent services which promote the safety and wellbeing of vulnerable children and young people.
To achieve these aims we will:
- Use the knowledge, experience and voice of children, young people, families who use our services, and staff and volunteers, in our influencing and awareness-raising activity.
- Develop and deliver services around the existing and emerging needs of vulnerable children and young people with an increasing, but not exclusive, focus on early years, early intervention and prevention.
- Implement programmes to protect children within their families and communities.
- Continue to be a trusted leader and effective partner and collaborator within national and local structures to influence the development and delivery of services, which promote the safety, and wellbeing of vulnerable children and young people.