Kinship care resources
The National Kinship Care Service has a range of resources to help anyone caring for a child.
Our national helpline can be contacted on 08000 28 22 33.
National Kinship Care Website for Scotland
- Visit kinship.scot for information and advice, training, policy updates and the latest news and events for kinship care families.
Free Kinship Care Guide for Scotland
- Download the free Kinship Care Guide for Scotland produced by Mentor Scotland.
- Download our factsheet for kinship carers about attachment. This highlights the importance of kinship carers in establishing secure attachment and gives practical guidance and tips. The factsheet was produced in partnership with NHS Health Scotland.
- Getting support from others is really important and we're involved in a number of support groups around the country. Find out if there are any support groups near you.
- Watch our short films covering topics such as family conflict, stress, attachment, behaviour and kinship care groups.
The film below from Action for Sick Children Scotland is called 'Health Matters for Children and Young People in Kinship Care'. It features kinship carers discussing issues affecting the health outcomes of the children in their care. There are also interviews with practitioners who discuss sources of help.