How to make a complaint

If you feel unhappy with an experience you have had with Children 1st it is important that you tell us so we can make any improvements needed.

What you can do

Resolve it with the service

If you have a concern, you can:

  • speak to the staff involved
  • speak to the manager of the service.

If you are not happy with the response, or if you do not want to speak to staff or the manager directly, you can make a formal complaint.

Make a formal complaint

To make a formal complaint, write to:

Alison Todd
Chief Executive
Children 1st
83 Whitehouse Loan


You may also complain to the Care Inspectorate:

Care Inspectorate
Compass House
11 Riverside Drive

You can request a copy of our complaints policy by emailing: