We are looking for an Administrator to support our new service
Children 1st are developing a new and exciting way of supporting families in Aberdeen. We have a long history of working with children and families in the city. After a pause in 2018 we reviewed our purpose and role alongside children, families and partners. We have been building a new approach to help children affected by poor mental health and emotional distress. Children 1st along with partners share a determination to act upon the recommendations from The Independent Care Review and deliver The Promise to children and young people. We are also determined that the full incorporation of the UNCRC means that children will have their rights respected in all areas of their lives and will have a real say in the way they are supported. This new Children 1st service will sit at the heart of three local community hubs, providing early support to children and their families at the point when they need this to prevent more intensive supports being necessary.
What kind of person will make a good Administrator for Children 1st?
- will possess excellent administrative, IT and financial skills to support the work of Children 1st
- provide a front-line reception service, as the first point of contact to external visitors and telephone callers, answering questions and responding to queries using own initiative as appropriate to ensure a relational and responsive service is provided
- ability to maintain diaries, schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments
- a cool head and clear minded at times of pressure
- thinks it’s a privilege to work for and on behalf of children and families and
- is kind and will bring their whole selves to the job: heart and mind
Above all else, the most important thing to us is that you are someone that will support the team who are doing the right thing for children and their families at every turn.
You will be based in one of the local community hubs.
Salary, Conditions, Pension
We will offer you a competitive salary, generous annual leave entitlement (40 days inclusive of 9 public holidays), flexible working opportunities and a contributory pension scheme.
This is a full time role of 35 hours per week
Job title: Administrator
Reference number: CFS20/89
Closing date: 04/12/2020 12:00
Interview date: It is anticipated that the interviews will take place week commencing 14 December 2020
Salary: Starting at £17,579 with progression to £19,759
To apply, please download and complete the attached 3 forms below (A, B and C) and email completed forms to: email@example.com
Alternately, if you are unable to email us, postal applications may be sent to Human Resources, Children 1st, 83 Whitehouse Loan, Edinburgh, EH9 1AT.
Please also refer to the ‘Job Description and Person Specification’ and ‘Terms and Conditions’ for further information as per relevant documents attached below.
For further information or enquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and encourage applications from potential people of all backgrounds, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, belief, disability, who reflect our values.