Assistant Director - Children and Family Services
So why are we looking for a new Assistant Director?
Children 1st are developing a new and exciting way of supporting families in Aberdeen. We have a long history of working with children and families in the city. After a pause in 2018 we reviewed our purpose and role alongside children, families and partners. We have been building a new approach to help children affected by poor mental health and emotional distress. Children 1st along with partners share a determination to act upon the recommendations from The Independent Care Review and deliver The Promise to children and young people. We are also determined that the full incorporation of the UNCRC means that children will have their rights respected in all areas of their lives and will have a real say in the way they are supported. This new Children 1st service will sit at the heart of three local community hubs, providing early support to children and their families at the point when they need this to prevent more intensive supports being necessary.
What kind of person will make a great Assistant Director for Children 1st?
- has experience of keeping children safe in their own families
- is fiercely passionate about children’s rights
- thinks it’s a privilege to work with and on behalf of children and families and,
- is kind and will bring their whole selves to the job: heart and mind
What kind of leader will you be?
Knowing our ambition for children, you will be someone who is:
- resilient, skilled and knowledgeable who wants to transform systems as well as children’s lives
- big hearted and a courageous
- able to build great partnerships and to manage the tricky conversations
- able to understand, predict and adapt to the landscape
- bringing deep level operational service experience
- a cool head and clear minded at times of pressure
- strategic in decisions and planning and can manage complexity
- inspiring colleagues and teams to be even better
- an amazing ambassador for children and Children 1st
Above all else, the most important thing to us is that you are someone who will do the right thing for children and their families at every turn.
You will be based in one of the local community hubs and will travel to connect with other parts of the organisation once Scottish Guidelines permit this and it is safe for you and colleagues.
Salary, Conditions, Pension
We will offer you a competitive salary, generous annual leave entitlement (40 days inclusive of 9 public holidays) , flexible working opportunities and a contributory pension scheme.
This is a full time (35 hours) post, with flexibility for travel.
Please refer to the letter attached from Linda Jardine, Director of Children and Family Services, the Job Description and ‘Terms and Conditions’ for further information as per relevant documents attached below.
For an informal discussion, please contact Linda Jardine, Director of Children & Family Services, by email: Linda.email@example.com, who will be available for a conversation after 7th September 2020.
Job title: Assistant Director - Children and Family Services
Job Subtitle: Aberdeen
Reference number: CFS20-66
Closing date: 18/09/2020 12:00
Interview date: It is anticipated that the interviews will take place on 28th and 29th September 2020
Salary: £43,363 - £49,727
To apply, please download and complete the attached 3 forms below (A, B and C) and email completed forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternately, if you are unable to email us, postal applications may be sent to Human Resources, Children 1st, 83 Whitehouse Loan, Edinburgh, EH9 1AT.
For further information or enquiries, please email: email@example.com