Lifelong Links Co-ordinator
West Lothian Wellbeing Hub works in partnership with the local authority and other Voluntary Organisations to provide support to children and their families in Family Group Decision Making, Lifelong Links, Kinship Care and Mental Health Wellbeing for young people.
We have a creative new partnership with West Lothian HSCP, West Lothian College and Action for Children and would like to recruit a professionally qualified Project Worker. Children 1st have been funded to provide a Lifelong Links (LLL) Co-ordinator to students of West Lothian College, who have been separated from their family and community and would benefit from reconnecting. Our LLL co-ordinator will use the Family Group Decision Making model to help a young person find the people who care about them, who they can turn to for practical and emotional support and then co-ordinate family meetings that will help the young person sustain these connections.
Our young people and our team would like to work alongside you:
- If you understand the impact on a child or young person of being separated from their family
- If you understand the disruption and trauma this can cause
- If you have the sensitivity, confidence, motivation and experience to listen and hear what can make a difference
- If you are brave enough to help a young person make this difference
- If you are collaborative, constructive, and supportive of your professional colleagues
- If you have experience of working with young people and their families who have had a disrupted family life
- If you have a professional qualification in a relevant area such as Social Work, Community Learning and Development, Teaching or equivalent in Child Care/Social Care or related area at SCQF level 9 or higher
We are a relational workplace so please phone us on 01506 652436 and ask to speak with either Rosemary McCabe (Service Manager) or Caroline Millar (Service Manager) if you would like to hear a little more about this inspiring post.
This is a fixed term, full time post of 35 hours per week, funded until 31st August 2023.
Job title: Lifelong Links Co-ordinator
Reference number: CFS22-51
Location: West Lothian - Bathgate
Closing date: 19/08/2022 12:00
Interview date: It is anticipated that interviews will be held on the 24th and 25th of August.
To apply, please download and complete the attached 3 forms below (A, B and C) and email completed forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternately, if you are unable to email us, postal applications may be sent to Human Resources, Children 1st, 83 Whitehouse Loan, Edinburgh, EH9 1AT.
Please also refer to the ‘Job Description and Person Specification’, and ‘Terms and Conditions’ for further information as per relevant documents attached below.
Your interest and application to work at Children 1st is appreciated.
For further information or enquiries, please email: email@example.com
At Children 1st we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team that represents all communities across Scotland and creating a culture where we are all genuinely able to be ourselves and participate and thrive without prejudice or barriers. We aim to proactively develop anti-racist and inclusive approaches throughout our work, and we welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, marginalised groups, and individuals with multiple experiences of marginalisation, who reflect our values.