Project Worker - Midlothian
A fantastic opportunity to come and join the Children 1st team in Midlothian
Our Midlothian service is looking to recruit an enthusiastic person to join our friendly team, delivering support across Midlothian, working from our base in Dalkeith. This is an exciting time to join our service, as we develop our systemic, therapeutic and peer support capacity in enabling families in their recovery from the impact of problematic substance use.
Children 1st offer relational based support, taking a restorative, strengths based and trauma recovery approach to enable individuals and families to live safer, happier lives.
What kind of people are we looking for?
- has experience of keeping children safe in their own families
- is fiercely passionate about children’s rights
- thinks it’s a privilege to work with and on behalf of children and families and,
- is kind and will bring their whole selves to the job: heart and mind
What kind of Family Wellbeing team member will you be?
Knowing our ambition for children, you will be someone who is:
- resilient, skilled and knowledgeable who wants to transform children’s lives
- determined to support children to stay safely with their own family
- big hearted, and courageous
- able to build strong relationships and to manage the tricky conversations
- is compassionate and understanding of trauma
- a cool head and clear minded at times of pressure
- inspiring colleagues and teams to be even better
- an amazing ambassador for children and Children 1st
Above all else, the most important thing to us is that you are someone who will do the right thing for children and their families at every turn.
Salary, Conditions, Pension
We will offer you a competitive salary, (£27477 – £32,076) generous annual leave entitlement (40 days inclusive of 9 public holidays), flexible working opportunities and a contributory pension scheme.
This a permanent, full-time post of 35 Hours to be worked flexibly to suit the needs of the service, some evening and weekend work will be required. We may consider enquiries for fewer than 35 hours and would ask that you speak with the service manager in the first instance. If you would like to arrange a time to do this, please email email@example.com.
Job title: Project Worker - Midlothian
Reference number: CFS22/02
Closing date: 31/01/2022 12:00
Interview date: It is anticipated that interviews will take place in person on Tuesday 8th February 2022.
Salary: £27,477 - £32,076 pro rata for part time
To apply, please download and complete the attached 3 forms below (A, B and C) and email completed forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternately, if you are unable to email us, postal applications may be sent to Human Resources, Children 1st, 83 Whitehouse Loan, Edinburgh, EH9 1AT.
Please also refer to the ‘Job Description and Person Specification’ and ‘Terms and Conditions’ for further information as per relevant documents attached below.
For further information or enquiries, please email: email@example.com
We welcome and encourage applications from potential people of all backgrounds, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, belief, disability, who reflect our values.