Project Worker - Renfrewshire
A fantastic opportunity to come and join the Children 1st team in Renfrewshire
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our Abuse and Trauma Recovery service in Renfrewshire. The service is part of the partnership, Women and Children First with Renfrewshire Council. The service works alongside children and young people who have experienced Domestic Abuse and/or Sexual Abuse and their families and aims to support recovery and improved emotional wellbeing.
Children 1st along with partners share a determination to act upon the recommendations from The Independent Care Review and deliver The Promise to children and young people. We are also determined that the full incorporation of the UNCRC means that children will have their rights respected in all areas of their lives and will have a real say in the way they are supported. If you share this determination, we would love to hear from you.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- has experience of keeping children safe in their own families
- has experience of working alongside children, young people and families who have experience domestic abuse/sexual abuse
- is fiercely passionate about children’s rights
- thinks it’s a privilege to work with and on behalf of children and families and,
- is kind and will bring their whole selves to the job: heart and mind
What kind of Project Worker will you be?
Knowing our ambition for children, you will be someone who is:
- resilient, skilled and knowledgeable who wants to transform children’s lives
- determined to support children to stay safely with their own family
- big hearted and courageous
- able to build strong relationships and to manage the tricky conversations
- is compassionate and understanding of trauma
- a cool head and clear minded at times of pressure
- inspiring colleagues and teams to be even better
- an amazing ambassador for children and Children 1st
Above all else, the most important thing to us is that you are someone who will do the right thing for children and their families at every turn.
You will be based in Renfrewshire with access to Children 1st premises in Paisley as well as to the Women and Children First premises in Paisley and will travel to connect with children, young people and families and other parts of the organisation.
Salary, Conditions, Pension
We will offer you a competitive salary, generous annual leave entitlement (40 days inclusive of 9 public holidays), flexible working opportunities and a contributory pension scheme.
This is a fixed term, full time post of 35 hours per week until 31 March 2023 to cover a period of maternity leave.
Job title: Project Worker
Reference number: CFS22/52
Closing date: 22/08/2022 12:00
Interview date: Interview date to be confirmed
Salary: £27,477 to £32,076
To apply, please download and complete the attached 3 forms below (A, B and C) and email completed forms to: email@example.com
Alternately, if you are unable to email us, postal applications may be sent to Human Resources, Children 1st, 83 Whitehouse Loan, Edinburgh, EH9 1AT.
Please also refer to the ‘Job Description and Person Specification’ and ‘Terms and Conditions’ for further information as per relevant documents attached below.
For further information or enquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and encourage applications from potential people of all backgrounds, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, belief, disability, who reflect our values.