Administrator - West Lothian
Providing a vital role in supporting our family wellbeing service
Over many years, Children 1st have provided child-centred support which is trauma responsive and responds to the needs of whole families. We understand that the impact of the challenges faced by children, young people and their families can be supported through forming trusting and understanding relationships which value the experiences of each member of the family, while placing the safety and wellbeing of the child/ren at the centre.
This is an exciting opportunity to carry out an important role within the Children 1st West Lothian Family Wellbeing Service. You will join our established service and provide a vital role in supporting colleagues at various levels. The role of the Administrator is also a central point of contact for families and external agencies, so we invite candidates to bring a relational approach to their administrative skills and experience.
What kind of person will make a great Administrator for Children 1st?
- has excellent administrative, IT and financial skills to support the work of Children 1st
- can provide a front-line reception service, as the first point of contact to external visitors, answering questions and responding to queries using own initiative as appropriate to ensure a relational and responsive service is provided
- is able to maintain diaries, schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments
- has a cool head and clear minded at times of pressure
- thinks it’s a privilege to work for and on behalf of children and families and
- is kind and will bring their whole selves to the job: heart and mind.
If you have an interest in supporting the activities of a compassionate and committed staff team then we would like to hear from you. In particular, we are seeking to further enhance our diversity from the perspective of ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender and disability.
You will be based in our West Lothian Family Wellbeing Hub, 7 Gardner’s Lane , Bathgate.
Salary, Conditions, Pension
We will offer you a competitive salary, generous annual leave entitlement (40 days (pro rata) inclusive of 7 public holidays) and a contributory pension scheme.
This is a permanent, full time role of 35 hours per week. Job share may be considered
Closing date: Sunday 25 February 2024 at noon. It is anticipated that interviews will be held on Wednesday 06 March 2024.
To apply, please click here
The selection process will include seeking PVG Scheme/Disclosure information.
Children 1st is the working name of the Royal Scottish Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Children. Registered Charity No: SC 016092
Equal opportunities matter to Children 1st.