1. Child Wellbeing and Protection in Sport Workshop (CWPS):
This workshop is suitable for all adults in regulated work, delivering or leading sporting activities for children and young people. The training will provide you with the appropriate knowledge of child wellbeing and protection to identify and respond to concerns that may arise in your role working with children and young people.
Find out more on the sportscotland website.
2. Child Wellbeing and Protection in Sport Officer Workshop (CWPO):
The workshop is suitable for individuals responsible for leading their club or organisation in the wellbeing and protection of children and young people. Learners will have the opportunity to develop advanced knowledge and skills in child wellbeing and protection and in managing concerns in their club or organisation.
Suitable for Child Wellbeing and Protection Officers, or those in a similar role, who are 18 years old and over.
Prerequisites: Learners must have completed both modules of the Child Wellbeing and Protection in Sport Workshop (CWPS).
A three hour face to face or virtual classroom workshop by an approved tutor. By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Identify a framework for good safeguarding governance in a sports club/organisation
- Identify the different safeguarding roles and responsibilities in a sports club/organisation
- Confidently assess the suitability of adults to work with children and young people
- Respond effectively and with confidence to wellbeing and protection concerns that may arise in or out of the sporting environment
- Recognise ways in which club culture influences the wellbeing and protection of children and young people, and identify methods for effecting culture change in this important area.