Where your money goes
Our work supporting vulnerable children and families would not be possible without the generosity of our supporters, donors and corporate partners.
Every penny raised stays in Scotland, and last year, Children 1st supported 16,390 vulnerable children, young people, parents and carers across the country.
How your donation helps
No family is the same, so the specific needs of those we support are different in every case. However, here are just some ways we use your kind donation to help children and families in Scotland.
- £25 allows a young person to access a therapeutic session that will help them begin to recover from trauma and/or abuse
- £45 can provide a support session to a family that will help them talk through their anxieties and challenges
- £60 or £5 per month will pay for an activity session for a group of children to help them build friendships, develop new skills and grow in confidence
- £100 would provide three hours service of Children 1st Parentline, a free and confidential helpline for parents and carers who need to talk to someone about their worries
- £112 funds the average "Crisis Grant" for a family, so they can use the money to fund vital needs, such as buying food, nappies or to replace a broken appliance in the family home
- £120 or £10 a month can provide weekly support for two young carers who need help improving their self-esteem, reducing their isolation and forming positive relationships.